Creative Writing Ideas for Everyone
Build Creative Writing Ideas is a site devoted to finding new creative writing ideas for authors, bloggers and playwrights of any kind and to motivate them to write! I’ve been fortunate enough to be able to help thousands of people create new ideas and to push themselves to become everyday writers.
My name is Bryan Cohen and I’m the author of the book 1,000 Creative Writing Prompts: Ideas for Blogs, Scripts, Stories and More, which has helped thousands of readers to defeat writer's block. I am also a blogger, a playwright, a producer and there are a bunch of other hats I wear from time to time. While you’re here, I’m your one stop shop to find a ton of ideas to break you through your writer’s block and to get your work out into the world.
On this site, you’ll find a few key things:
- Nearly 100 pages of creative writing prompts to start your stories, scripts, blogs, etc.
- Motivational tips and tricks to get you out of your writing slump
- Ideas to step up your time management, diet and your overall happiness to make you more focused on your writing goals
- Hundreds of stories written by writers like you who want to practice their craft for all to see
If you're writing a lot than you probably need to do some printing. If you need printing, you most definitely need some printer ink
to help you get the job done. Writing is not easy for everybody and it’s easy to convince ourselves that if something is too hard it’s not worth it. If you know
that you should be a writer, deep down, then don’t let difficulty, fear, or the opinion of others around you knock you down to earth. I was once afraid that my words weren’t good enough for the page or for other people. Over 150 articles and a consistently selling self-published book later, I know that it’s possible for anybody to push past their blocks to form creative writing ideas they love.
I’m so glad that you’ve stumbled upon my site, because it’s really a major goal of mine to help as many people as possible learn that they can be creative, that they can write, or act, or sing or whatever it is they want to do and that nothing on earth can stop them if they truly want it. Stick around for a little while and check out the articles and prompts or just drop me a line at the Contact Me page to the left.
Together, we will make sure that you get your words out of your head and on to a page where they belong. Thanks for visiting, Build Creative Writing Ideas!
Author of 1,000 Creative Writing Prompts
Written by Bryan Cohen
Bryan Cohen is the author of more than 30 books, many of which focus on creative writing and blasting through that pesky writer's block. His books have sold more than 20,000 copies. You can find him on Google+ and Facebook.
PS: I've been doing some moonlighting lately as a comedian on YouTube. Check out and subscribe to my channel here
. And take a look at my first video
while you're at it. I've also started a website on gluten free recipes
, check it out!
PPS: Check out some of my latest books!
The Writing Prompts Workbook:
Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4,
Grades 5-6, Grades 7-8, Grades 9-10, Grades 11-12
1,000 Character Writing Prompts:
Amazon, Barnes & Noble
The Writing Prompts for Holidays Workbook Series: First Grade, Second Grade, Third Grade, Fourth Grade and Fifth Grade
1,000 Creative Writing Prompts for Holidays: Amazon
PPPS: Being on the web is wonderfully a family affair for me. My brother and father are both up and coming web folk as well. If you're interested in finding a basic web designer check out my dad Saul Cohen's website.
- Creative Writing Ideas Blog
- This Creative Writing Ideas Blog is a collection of the latest articles on the site meant to inspire you to take your writing ideas and to make them a reality.
- Creative Writing Prompts
- These helpful creative writing prompts will make the words flow from your fingers and get you in the habit of being able to write when you want to.
- Teachers Pay Teachers Reviews
- Teachers Pay Teachers is a site for teachers to sell products and lesson plans. Here are our reviews of some of those products.
- Holiday Writing Prompts
- Check out this list of over 100 holiday writing prompts to use for journals, stories and more!
- 1,000 Creative Writing Prompts eBook: The Cure for Writer's Block
- The new 1,000 Creative Writing Prompts eBook can help you stop writer's block in its tracks.
- Writing Prompts for Kids eBook: First Grade through Fifth Grade
- The 500 Writing Prompts for Kids eBook works well for teachers, parents and caretakers to help kids come up with ideas for writing!
- Writer on the Side: How to Write Your Book Around Your 9 to 5 Job
- Writer on the Side is a book that will help you free up some time and motivation for the books you want to write oustide of work!
- Sharpening the Pencil eBook: Essays on Writing, Motivation & Enjoying Your Life
- The Sharpening the Pencil eBook contains 30 essays to help you stop writer's block no matter what the cause.
- Order The Post-College Guide to Happiness
- Order The Post-College Guide to Happiness today!
- Donate to Build Creative Writing Ideas
- To donate to Bryan Cohen's quest to help people grow in their creative abilities use these links and get some limited time special offers.
- Use Site Build It to Create Your Online Business
- Site Build It has helped me to create my website; can it help you?
- Writing and Personal Development Books
- These writing and personal development books have helped me to learn about myself and how to improve my life skills.
- Build Creative Writing Ideas Site Map
- Finally, a site map to help you navigate Build Creative Writing Ideas. I hope it helps you to find the articles that you need.
- Motivation Techniques
- It is hard to break out of a routine, that is why we provide you with motivation techniques to make your creative life change efficient and successful.
- Creative Writing Tips
- After researching the best books and web articles out there, here are some stellar creative writing tips to check out.
- Personal Time Management
- With successful personal time management strategies, fitting in your writing will be a breeze.
- Creative Writing Exercises
- These creative writing exercises will help you train your muscles into the kind of shape you need to make writing your true career.
- The Comedy Channel
- The Comedy Channel is a place to read about writing comedy and starting to think in an inspired way about creating humor.
- Writer Interviews
- An ongoing series of writer interviews that will help you gain insight from those with the experience of success.
- 2010 Goal #1: 1,000 Pages
- Help me reach my 2010 goal of 1,000 pages and you'll receive a free gift!
- Health Fitness
- Improving your health fitness is a sure-fire way to make you feel better and will make it easier to add writing as a part of your life.
- Learn About Me: Bryan Cohen, Creator/Writer of BCWI
- Learn About Me: Bryan Cohen, the creator and writer of Build Creative Writing Ideas.
- The disclaimer for Build Creative Writing Ideas.
- The Happiness Blog Tour
- Here is a list of blogs for The Happiness Blog Tour running March 1st through April 30th all over the Web!
- May 2011 Blog Tour
- Welcome to the home page for my May 2011 Blog Tour! I will be posting on 34 sites in 33 days and here are all the links!
- Blog Tour for Ted Saves the World
- A blog tour for Ted Saves the World, a new novella written by Bryan Cohen!
- Why You Need an Editor by Ashley Daoust
- Why do you need an editor? Professional editor Ashley Daoust is here to tell you.
- Contact Me
- Here is the form for you to contact me, Bryan, at the Build Creative Writing Ideas website.
- Guest Posts
- Check out the new guest posts page on which you can find all sorts of different perspectives and opinions on writing and motivation.