3rd Grade Writing Prompts #3:
Television and Movies
It's time to put down that remote and pick up this series of 10 3rd grade writing prompts about television and the movies. I still remember several moments of the small and big screen from my adolescence and I wish I had been able to write down feelings I had about them when they were still fresh in my mind. These 10 prompts give your children and students an opportunity to do that.
You may notice that the numbers on this page do not start at 1 and work their way up. This is because these 10 3rd grade writing prompts are an excerpt from my book, 500 Writing Prompts for Kids: First Grade through Fifth Grade. If you like these free samples, the full version is available in both digital and paperback form.
3rd Grade Writing Prompts #3: Television and Movies
81. Who is your favorite movie or television star? Imagine that you get to spend a day with this person and you have to report back to the class how cool he or she is. What do you say during your presentation?
82. If you could be a part of any television show or movie, what would it be and why? What part would you play? Write about a day in the life of filming the show or movie.
83. The television networks have come knocking on your door asking you to write the next great comedy or drama. What do you make your show about and who are some of the actors you would cast in it?
84. A movie crew has asked your family if they can use the house for a major action blockbuster. Your parents said, “Yes!" and now you get to see all the behind-the-scenes action. What do you see, who do you meet and what do you learn during the process?
85. After an amazing series of events, you star in a really cool movie and you get nominated for an Academy Award, the most prestigious honor an actor can get! At the ceremony, the Academy picks you as the winner! Now you have to go up on stage and give a speech. What would you say during your speech? Who would you thank?
86. You have become the network executive for NBC, one of the main television stations. They have given you the choice of what shows you want to put on every night of the week. What shows do you pick and what new ones do you create from scratch?
87. How are movies and television different from real life? What are some imaginary things that happen on television and the movies that never happen in reality?
88. If you could pick one character to be your movie boyfriend or girlfriend, who would it be? What would it be like to share a smooch on screen with him or her?
89. Right now, the big thing in technology is 3D (three dimensional) televisions and movie screens. What do you think will be the next step in entertainment technology? 4D? Smell-o-Vision? Come up with an idea and pitch your class on why it would be amazing.
90. You wake up one morning and see a camera out of the corner of your eye. It turns out that you and your family are going to be part of a reality show on a major television network. How does your life change now that there is always a camera wherever you turn?
Done with 3rd Grade Writing Prompts? Go back to Creative Writing Prompts.
comments powered by
Written by Bryan Cohen
Bryan Cohen is the author of more than 30 books, many of which focus on creative writing and blasting through that pesky writer's block. His books have sold more than 20,000 copies. You can find him on Google+ and Facebook.
Write a Story Based on These Prompts or This Article!
Use the above prompts or article as inspiration to write a story or other short piece.