Here are some brain-stimulating free 3rd grade writing prompts that will have your children writing about time and space. As your kids get older they will start to develop a sort of philosophy about the world. These prompts are meant to bring that idea of how the world works out to the forefront.
71. If you could live at any time in history, when would it be and what would you do there? Would it be the time of the dinosaurs? The Wild West? The days of American Revolution? If you can’t pick just one, feel free to write about a few.
72. You have been given a magical amulet that gives you and only you 48 hours in a day instead of just 24. This gives you time to do twice as many things in one day! What will you do with your new amount of time?
73. What is your favorite time of the day and why? Is it right when you get up in the morning? It is lunchtime? What do you do during that time that makes you enjoy it so much?
74. If you had a choice to be any age, what would it be and why? What are some of the things you could dfdo at that age that you can’t do now (unless you pick the age you are, then say what some of the things are you can do now)?
75. They say that time flies when you’re having fun. Do you agree that time goes by faster when you’re having a good time and that it goes by slower when you’re not? Give an example of each situation from your own life.
76. H.G. Wells has arrived at your door with a time machine! It seems that someone has been trying to change the past so that ice cream never gets made and he wants you to come along and help. Detail your adventures of trying to stop this dastardly criminal.
77. What would you do if you could teleport to any place in the world just by thinking it, like a wizard can?
78. There are lots of other planets in the universe other than just Earth and scientists think that there might be other life on one of them. Do you think that there are other life forms than those on Earth and if so, what are they like and where do they live?
79. You have been selected for the kid mission to Mars! Go into extreme detail about the training process, the space shuttle ride to the planet and what it’s like being on the surface of the Martian planet.
80. You wake up to realize that it’s Tuesday … even though it was Tuesday yesterday! You relive the same day, with the same things happening and when you go to sleep … it’s Tuesday again when you wake up! What do you do as you keep reliving the same day over and over?
Bryan Cohen is the author of more than 30 books, many of which focus on creative writing and blasting through that pesky writer's block. His books have sold more than 20,000 copies. You can find him on Google+ and Facebook.