Some day, they might work hard for the money. This is a collection of 10 free 5th grade writing prompts on the value of hard work. By learning how hard some people have to work to achieve their goals at this young age, our children and students may begin to maturely make hard work a part of their lives.
You may notice that the numbers on this page do not start at 1 and work their way up. This is because these 10 5th grade writing prompts are an excerpt from my book, 500 Writing Prompts for Kids: First Grade through Fifth Grade. If you like these free samples, the full version is available in both digitaland paperback form.
5th Grade Writing Prompts #5: Hard Work
381. Some of the biggest achievements in this world, like writing a book or becoming a professional athlete take a lot of hard work. Do you think you are a hard worker? If not, how would you improve your ability to work hard for school or for your big life goals?
382. What is one of the big things that you want to do with your life? Become an astronaut? Run a marathon? Pick one and write down some of the hard work that you would need to do to reach your goal.
383. Pick one of your role models, whether she is a movie star or a teacher. How do you think this person got to where she is today? What is some of the hard work that you imagine had to happen?
384. Imagine that you are in a real-life version of one of those “underdog” competition movies like The Karate Kid, Rocky or Akeelah and the Bee. You have a big competition to train for and not a lot of time to do it. What is the competition and are some of the things you have to do to train? What happens when you get to the big day?
385. A great deal of hard work like training for a race or studying for a big test can be easier if you have a partner or several people going for the same goal. Pick a goal and pick a few people from your life. How would you all work together to make it happen?
386. What is a time in your life that you failed to work hard for something? Like a test you didn’t study for or a music class you didn’t practice after. What was the end result? How could you have done better?
387. Who is the hardest working person you know individually? What are some of the actions that person takes to remain focused and to keep obstacles from getting in his way?
388. Imagine that you were a professional athlete, actor or some other well-known profession. What are the things you would need to do every day to keep in top form? What would happen if you stopped working hard after a few months or years?
389. Think about how hard your teachers work to prepare lesson plans for you and your fellow classmates. Write a little bit about how much you appreciate that hard work to help you to improve your knowledge and study skills.
390. One of the most important parts in working hard is having a strong goal for you to follow. There are life goals, yearly goals and smaller goals on a week-by-week or day-by-day basis. Pick a smaller goal for you to follow today or for the next couple of days. Describe the goal and what you will have to do to accomplish it.
Done with 5th Grade Writing Prompts? Go back to Creative Writing Prompts.