271. Millions of people look forward to the fall because they get to watch football season. What is your opinion of football? Would you rather watch football or something else during the weekend and why?
272. Imagine that you have been named the starting quarterback of your school's football team. What would it be like to be the leader of the team's offense and the person everyone talks about? Would it be a lot of pressure? Why or why not?
273. The fall is also the time for cross country, in which athletes can log over 20 miles of running each week to prepare for their three-mile races. How do you think you would enjoy running that much in a week? What would you like and dislike about it and why?
274. If a player from the opposite team falls down in a soccer or field hockey match, it's thought to be sportsmanlike to help that player up. Why do you think sportsmanship and being kind might be important in sports? What's more important: winning or sportsmanship, and why?
275. Imagine that you were a goalie for your soccer team and had to react quickly to all of the balls kicked your way. What kind of things might go through your mind when the opposing team starts to come your way? Do you think you do well at the position? Why or why not?
276. What kind of field do you think would be tougher to play on: a field covered in mud, a field covered in leaves, or a field made completely of sand? Why? What sport would be the most difficult to play on that field and why?
277. While it sometimes gets a bad rap, cheerleading is a difficult sport that combines gymnastics, dancing, and team spirit. Imagine that everyone in your class or family had to be part of a cheerleading team for an entire week. What about the sport would be difficult? What would be fun and why?
278. One of the biggest sports events of the year is the World Series, which is sometimes called the Fall Classic. Imagine that your favorite team was in the series and you had a ticket to every game. What would the experience be like and why?
279. Imagine that you are a huge 300-plus-pound defensive lineman for a professional football team. It is your job to stop the offense from moving the ball forward. What would be the toughest part of the game? What parts of your life would be tough now that you're so big? Why?280. What fall sport would you be most likely to play with your friends in your backyard? Would these games be competitive or mostly for fun? How often would you play if you had the chance and why?