Free Creative Writing Prompts #48: Paranormal
Who you gonna call? Do you believe in ghosts and other things that can't be explained by science? Than perhaps these free creative writing prompts about the paranormal are right for you! If you don't believe in them, you can still use the prompts to pull from the stories of other people you know. The thing about the paranormal is, they just haven't found a scientific explanation for some things yet, but that doesn't mean the things aren't true. Think it over a bit, then write from one of these prompts :). Enjoy!
Free Creative Writing Prompts: Paranormal
1. You sit up in bed and you see a ghost of one of your deceased relatives. Who is it and what is it they say to you? Does anyone else see this paranormal phenomenon?
2. Talk about an experience in which you felt an other-worldly presence. If you do not have one, make one up or talk about how a real life experience might have been influenced by some kind of ghost.
3. You have passed away and you are a ghost! There is one more thing that you have to take care of before you can get sent to the afterlife. What is it and how do you take care of it?
4. There you are, just sitting with your friends on a porch, minding your own business...and you all happen to be looking to the sky when you see what has to be a UFO. It zooms by several times and you actually get a lot of video and photos of the phenomenon. Where do you go with this evidence? Tell us the story.
5. A birthday coupon from a friend has sent you to a medium's office so that you can channel deceased people who are trying to get in contact with you. Who talks to you through the medium and do you believe him or her?
6. Strange things begin to happen in your house. Lights turn on and off. Furniture moves on its own. You may have an angry spirit in your house. What do you do to deal with this odd problem?
7. A friend calls you and tells you to come over right away. It's like a scene straight out of The Exorcist. Your friend believes that he or she has been possessed by a demon. What do you do?
8. A psychic has delivered to you a strange prophecy. Apparently, you have a destiny that you are not fulfilling by doing what you're doing. How do you determine what it is you should do with your life? Do you trust the psychic?
9. You are starting to sense things before they happen. A friend of yours tells you that you have Extra Sensory Perception (ESP). Do you believe the friend? How do you hone this ability or use it to your advantage?
10. Ho hum, it's just a random night when you begin having visions of the future. A few of the things you picture happening the next day occur exactly as you imagined them and you wonder if your long term visions will come true or not. Do you prepare for them or write everything off as coincidence?
I have seen too many interesting things during my time here to not at least slightly believe in the paranormal. Sure, I haven't seen a ghost or experienced telepathy, but I have definitely felt things that I cannot explain with science. If you're in my boat, try writing from these free creative writing prompts about the paranormal to fully cultivate your feelings into written form. If not, well, you should still do some writing anyway :). Happy writing!
Bonus Prompt - What paranormal things do you believe in and what things do you think are just completely ridiculous? Write this as a dialogue between a friend who believes in practically everything.
Written by Bryan Cohen
Bryan Cohen is the author of more than 30 books, many of which focus on creative writing and blasting through that pesky writer's block. His books have sold more than 20,000 copies. You can find him on Google+ and Facebook.
Write from one of these inspiring prompts!
Feel free to test your writing skills below!
What Other Visitors Have Written
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Disaperd Not rated yet
You go out side to hang out with some friends when you here a scream from your house you run in to find the source but instead you realize your parents …
Click here to write your own.
Done with Prompts about the Paranormal?
Go back to "Creative Writing Prompts"