Second Grade Writing Prompts #8: Cell Phones
You may notice that the numbers on this page do not start at 1 and work their way up. This is because these 10 second grade writing prompts are an excerpt from my book, 500 Writing Prompts for Kids: First Grade through Fifth Grade. If you like these free samples, the full version is available in both digital and paperback form.
251. Have your parents given you your own cell phone? If so, what are some of the things that you do on it? If not, what would you do with your cell phone? Play games? Go online? Go into extreme detail.
252. If you go around these days, you see people on their cell phones and Bluetooth headsets chatting away and looking up things online everywhere you go. Imagine what it was like 20 or more years ago when cell phones didn’t exist? How do you think things were different? How did people interact differently?
253. What are some of the benefits of a kid your age having a cell phone? What are some of the reasons that a kid your age should not have a cell phone? After listing all the pros and cons, come to a conclusion about whether or not you should have a cell phone.
254. When cell phones were first invented, they were huge and they looked like giant toy phones. Now cell phones are smaller with lots of features like keyboards and touch screens. How do you think cell phones will change in another two decades?
255. What do you think is the coolest thing you can do on a cell phone? What do you think is the silliest thing that you can do on a cell phone?
256. If you could create a new cell phone, designed completely by you, what are some of the new features that you would put on there? What could this new and fancy cell phone do that current cell phones can’t do?
257. There are some people that are so addicted to their cell phones that they can’t stop looking at them, and sometimes they even run into things while they aren’t watching where they’re going. What do you think would be the best thing to do about someone like that?
258. Imagine that after a long period of time in which you were begging your parents for a cell phone you finally succeeded! It’s your first day with your new cell phone. You decide to check what time it is right before using the bathroom. Whoops! Your phone has fallen right into the toilet! What happens next?
259. Have you ever played a game on a cell phone? What was it and did you enjoy playing it? If you haven’t played a game on a cell phone, make a game up that you think millions of people would buy and enjoy.
260. Imagine that you were trying to tell a silly joke to a friend via text message. Instead of sending it to your friend you accidentally sent it to your mom! What happens next?
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.