Second Grade Writing Prompts #6: Yourself
You may notice that the numbers on this page do not start at 1 and work their way up. This is because these 10 second grade writing prompts are an excerpt from my book, 500 Writing Prompts for Kids: First Grade through Fifth Grade. If you like these free samples, the full version is available in both digital and paperback form.
131. Imagine that you have been contacted by an encyclopedia that wants to create an entry about you! Write your own biography that lists your accomplishments, your activities, your personal qualities and anything else you can think of.
132. What is a time in your life that you felt extremely proud about yourself and something that you did? Explain why it made you feel so proud and if you’ll ever do anything like it again.
133. List five goals for yourself. Goals are things that you want to achieve at some point during your lifetime. An example of a goal might be, “I want to swim the English Channel” or “I want to write a book.” Explain why these are goals for you and how you plan to make them happen.
134. We all change a lot from the time we’re a baby until now. How have you changed personally? Obviously you are taller and bigger, but what are some of the other ways you’ve changed and grown since infancy?
135. In school, you usually get grades for class subjects like spelling, reading and math. What if you got grades for the kind of person you were in areas like kindness, friendship and happiness? Come up with five categories related to life and give yourself a letter grade (A for the best, F for failing) and a reason why you received that grade.
136. Imagine that the future version of you, from five years from now, met with you at a restaurant for lunch. What would you two talk about? What would the future version of you have to tell you about what’s going to happen in your life in the next five years?
137. If you had an opportunity to change some things about your personality and the way you treat people, what would they be and why? How would you change these things and how long would they take?
138. They say that you never really understand somebody until they “walk a mile in your shoes.” What do you think somebody would learn about you if they became you for an entire day? Describe that person’s day in which they are dressed like, look like and need to act like you.
139. List out five things you think you’ll do in each of the following settings: middle school, high school, college, your first job.
140. How would you have turned out different if you were born 20 years in the past? How would you be different if you were born 20 years in the future? Go into excessive detail.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.