311. You have placed a tracker on an acorn in an effort to find out exactly where your backyard squirrels go during the day. After a squirrel takes the bait, where does it go and why? Are you surprised to find out where the squirrel stashes its goods? Why or why not?
312. Snow geese begin their migration trek of approximately 5,000 miles in the fall, heading from the Arctic Tundra to the American south, east coast and southwest. What would it be like to have to move far away every fall and winter? What would you miss about your hometown during half of the year and why?
313. Birds aren't the only animals that migrate in the fall, as monarch butterflies, humpback whales, and caribou all make the trek to warmer climates. Imagine that all three of these species made the trip to a warmer climate together. What challenges would they face and why?
314. Animals getting ready to migrate start to change physically in the lead up to their long journey, storing more fat for their distant trips. How do humans change physically in the fall after the toasty summer months? Would they be able to handle a walk or jog as long as the birds can fly during the fall? Why or why not?
315. Imagine that you were a crow getting ready to feast on some crops. All of a sudden, a creepy human-like creature, a scarecrow, has been posted in the middle of the field. What might you think of this straw-stuffed person? Would you avoid the vegetables? Why or why not?
316. After having all summer to hang with your pets, it's sad to leave them for the entire day when heading back to school. If you could take any of your pets with you to school, which ones would they be and why? Would your pet be able to behave itself? Why or why not?
317. While Thanksgiving and football go together, you never expected to see a group of 22 turkeys playing football in your backyard! Describe the fowl football game from the opening kickoff to the final drive. What do the turkeys look like during the competition and why?
318. The fox is often known as a sly and cunning animal. How would you describe the personalities of some other fall animals? Why do you think people try to give human characteristics to animals?
319. After hearing a knock on your window, you open it to find an owl waiting to give you some important life advice. What does the owl tell you? Do you believe the owl? What might happen if you try to put its advice into practice and why?
320. If you could dress up as any animal for Halloween, what would it be and why? Would the animal fit with the fall season? Why or why not?Did you enjoy these fall animals writing prompts? Buy a book full of seasonal writing prompts today!