461. Television producer and writer Mitchell Burgess said on the show Northern Exposure that fall was a time for reflecting on the past. What are some of the ways that you look back at things that have happened in the past year? Do you think reflection is important? Why or why not?
462. The Kinks song Autumn Almanac lists all of the aspects of fall, from the colder weather to the musty yellow leaves, as things you have to deal with. If you made a list of everything that happened during the fall, how would it make you feel? Do the parts of the season you like make up for the parts you don't like? Why or why not?
463. In the movie Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, the main characters take any means necessary to get home for Thanksgiving. If you were stranded far away from home on turkey day, how would you try to get there? Would you take anyone with you for companionship? Why or why not?
464. The narrator in the song Autumn by the Edgar Winter Group states that the birds don't have much to say in the fall because they know what's coming. How do you think birds and other animals feel about the post-summer season and why? Do they actually know what's coming? Why or why not?
465. The movie October Sky shows the character Homer Hickam become inspired when he sees the first satellite launched into space during the fall. Have you ever seen something in the sky that inspired you? If so, what was it and why did it make you feel that way? If not, what would be something that you might see in the sky that could motivate you and why?
466. The song October by U2 states that even though Kingdoms rise and fall, October will continue to go on. How do you think the world will change in the next few hundred years while October stays the same? While it change for the better? Why or why not?
467. Many inspirational sports movies like Remember the Titans, Hoosiers, and Rudy are set during the fall. If you could write your own touching fall sports tale, what sport would it be about, what would happen to the main character and why would people enjoy it?
468. The narrator in Justin Hayward's song Forever Autumn says that he wishes he could migrate south with the birds after his love left him. What would the fall be like if you were able to fly along with the birds and go south for the winter? How would living with the birds be different than living at home and why?
469. In multiple films, poems, and songs, autumn is referred to as a time when adults are getting older and winding down their lives. How do you think your parents will spend their later years of retirement and why? How will you spend your retirement years and why?470. In Van Morrison's When the Leaves Come Falling Down, the narrator talks to a girl who thinks about "the wisdom of the leaves and their grace." Would you consider leaves wise and full of grace? Why or why not? How would you describe leaves and why?