381. Evansville, Indiana, hosts the West Side Nut Club's Fall Festival every October and features strange food such as alligator-on-a-stick, deep fried dandelions, and elk jerky. Create the strangest food idea you can think of as if it were a pitch to the festival. Do you think they'd accept it? Why or why not?
382. Every November, science nerds and normal folks alike shoot pumpkins through the air with specially designed cannons during the World Championship Punkin' Chunkin' in Nassau, Delaware. What would you use to create a pumpkin-shooting device? Would you need any help to put it together? Why or why not?
383. Abbeville, Louisiana, is the site for the Giant Omelette Celebration, which uses 5,000 eggs and a 12-foot skillet to create a massively delightful brunch item. If you could cook a giant food item, what would it be and why? Would you eat the entire thing yourself or share it with people in need? Why or why not?
384. If worm racing is your favorite hobby, you'll love the Wooly Worm Festival in Banner Elk, North Carolina, every October. Imagine that you were a worm training for this prestigious event. What kind of worm exercises would you do? Would you get some worm satisfaction from your victory? Why or why not?
385. The Stormy Weather Arts Festival in Cannon Beach, Oregon features multiple art competitions including a So You Think You Can Paint Competition and The Quick Draw. Do you think that anyone can become an artist or that it's something you're born with? What would it take for you to gain artistic skills and why?
386. The Big Pig Jig is a barbecue contest in Vienna, Georgia, that started when a group of self-made gourmets decided to hold a contest to see who could cook the best pig. What are some of the skills that a chef might need to win a competition like this? Would you be more interested in cooking or eating the barbecue and why?
387. In the fall of 1971, a man named D.B. Cooper hijacked a jet, collected $200,000 in ransom money, and parachuted into the state of Washington, never to be found again. Ariel, Washington holds a festival in his honor as the only unsolved hijacking in the history of the U.S. What do you think happened to D.B. Cooper and all of that money? Is that a likely outcome? Why or why not?
388. Most fall festivals are extremely loud. The Quiet Festival in Ocean City, New Jersey, is not one of them, featuring mimes, silent movies, and a sign-language choir. Do you think silence is powerful or boring, and why? How would you feel if you had to be silent for an entire week?
389. Every November in Hawaii, the Ultraman World Championships test who can swim 6.2 miles, bike 261.4 miles, and run 52.4 miles all together the fastest. Who that you know would be most likely to compete in this at some point in their lives? What kind of training would they have to do to prepare and why?390. If you love beans and racing outhouses through the streets, your fall festival of choice might be the Bean Fest and Great Championship Outhouse Race in Mountain View, Arkansas. If you could come up with your own wacky local fall festival, what would it be called and why? How hard do you think it would be to set up an entire festival and why?