331. The green color of leaves is the result of the chemical chlorophyll, which becomes limited during the fall as a result of less sunshine. Imagine that you changed color if you didn't get enough sun. Which seasons might cause you to transform? What color would you change into and why?
332. Without the green chlorophyll, leaves begin to show bright colors as a result of other chemicals called carotenoids and anthocyanins. What is your favorite fall leaf color and why? Would you paint your house or room that color? Why or why not?
333. Trees use this season to suck up the last bit of sugar and other nutrients from their leaves before they fall off. Have you ever licked the bottom of a bowl or cup to enjoy the last bit of food or drink? What might your parents think of your manners if you did and why?
334. Plants are also able to put some of their waste products into leaves, effectively taking out the trash by dumping the leaves during the fall. While it's OK for trees to drop their trash, why is it important for you to humans to pick up after themselves? What are some examples of trash you've seen that haven't been properly thrown away?
335. Another reason for trees to get rid of their leaves is for the plant to conserve its water during the upcoming dry winter. Why might it be important for humans to conserve water? What are some ways that you can conserve water in your house?
336. Not all trees lose their leaves during the fall. Evergreens keep their small, sharp needles all year round. Imagine how you'd feel if everyone around you was changing while you stayed exactly the same. Would you try to fit in? Why or why not?
337. Fall is host to one of the biggest meteor showers of the year with the November Leonids. Create a conversation between two meteors shooting across the sky looking down at your and your family during the shower. What might these comet dust particles have to say about you and why?
338. Flu season begins during the fall and scientists use chicken eggs to create the vaccines against the infectious viral disease. Do you think it's necessary to protect yourself against the flu virus? Would your parents agree with you? Why or why not?
339. The harvest moon is the name given to the final full moon before the fall season officially begins. This moon gives farmers the opportunity to work through the night to harvest their crops. What are some ways in which a full moon could help you during the night?
340. Imagine that humans had leaves instead of hair. How would you style your bushy head and what colors would your leaves change into during the fall? What would you do during the winter without any hair or leaves and why?