481. Munich, Germany is the host to one of the largest fall festivals in the world, Oktoberfest. Attendees drink from giant mugs or glass boots and eat delicious sausages. Imagine that you have created a festival for a different month (such as Septemberfest). What kind of event would it be, what activities would be available, and what types of food could you get there?
482. November 5 is a public holiday in London to commemorate a failed attempt on the king's life by a man named Guy Fawkes. Guy Fawkes Night is filled with fireworks, costume parties, and burning effigies of Guy Fawkes. Have you ever been notorious for something? If so, what was it for and how did you try to clear your name? If not, what might it feel like for someone to think you were the bad guy or girl?
483. Mexico is known in the fall for its early November celebration of Day of the Dead. Families celebrate the lives of their deceased relatives with candies, parties and dancing. What would it be like if there was a similar holiday celebrated in the United States? Would it feel strange to dance and sing in a cemetery? Why or why not?
484. The White Night is a celebration in Paris, France on the night of October 1 in which all museums, monuments and tourist attractions stay open all night and are accompanied by bright lights and music. If you found yourself in France for the festival, how many different places would you try to see? Which might you enjoy the most and why?
485. Jodhpur, India hosts the Rajasthan International Folk Festival every October, bringing together more than 100 musicians from around the world. Do you think it's important to experience music from different cultures? Why or why not? What country's music would you want to see the most at a festival like RIFF and why?
486. Not all international events happen in a physical place. Filminute, an international one-minute film festival, happens online throughout the month of September. As technology continues to improve, do you think that more events will be held online? Why or why not? Would you rather go to an event in person or online and why?
487. The last Sunday of every November is the annual Monkey Buffet Festival in Lopburi, Thailand. The festival is a literal feeding frenzy for the many monkeys who live in the area. What kind of animal do you think your town would feed instead of monkeys during an animal food festival and why? What would be the most difficult part about putting it together and why?
488. Approximately 300,000 people and 20,000 camels gather every November for the Pushkar Camel Fair in Pushkar, India. Describe what it might look like to ride a camel through the festival. Imagine how the fair would be decorated and write out the possible details.
489. Sydney, Australia is the site for the Crave Sydney International Food Festival every October. Top international chefs and visitors come to the city to cook and taste the best of Australian cuisine. Imagine that you were hosting a party with a menu created by chefs from around the world. What different cultures would you and your friends feast on and why?
490. In October, the city of Bacolod, Philippines hosts the Masskara Festival in which over 400,000 people wear brightly colored masks. Imagine that you could disguise yourself with a mask that made everybody think you were someone else. What person would you pretend to be and why? What would you do while everyone thought you weren't you? Why?Written by Bryan Cohen