491. While picking apples, your family has decided to compete to see who can get the most in an hour. How do you ensure that your basket is fullest by the end of the hour? Who in your family do you think would win and why?
492. What do you think is the secret ingredient to a perfect fall apple pie? If you successfully used this ingredient, would you tell people the secret? Why or why not? What are some recipes you know that use secret ingredients?
493. In a major sight to see, all of the jack-o’-lanterns on your block have grown orange legs and started marching down the street. What happens next? Do you ever find a cause for this phenomenon? Why or why not?
494. Do you think you will enjoy pumpkins as much when you're an adult as you do now and why? How much do your parents like pumpkins and why?
495. You have been commissioned to create a fall festival for your school or neighborhood. Who do you bring on to help you and why? What role does everybody play in the planning process and why?
496. What would be the most important aspects of this fall festival and why? What would be the activities for the adults and what would the kids do for fun? What kinds of food would be there and why?
497. Because of Halloween, fall is a time for extremely scary movies. Do you have a favorite kind of scary movie? Why or why not? Are there certain kinds of scary movies you won't watch? Why?
498. Fall is also the time for starting a brand new year of school. What are some of the feelings you have at the start of a school year and why? Do you think other people feel those feelings too? Why or why not?
499. Create a made-up story using the following words: foliage, pumpkin patch, frightening, and backpack.500. If you were to carve a different jack-o’-lantern to represent different members of your family, what would they look like and why? Make sure to go into great detail for each one and to explain what each member would think of them. Written by Bryan Cohen