151. During the holiday, many of us wear costumes that prevent other people from knowing who we are. What might be some reasons you would have to wear a disguise? How successful do you think you'd be at hiding your identity?
152. Create a conversation between two jack-o’-lanterns during the night of the October holiday. What do they think of the holiday? Are they worried that they'll rot if they're left outside too long?
153. The night before All Hallows Eve is sometimes called "Mischief Night" and involves tricksters going around pulling pranks in their neighborhood. What are some examples of Mischief Night pranks? Why do you think these jokers think pulling pranks is funny?
154. Describe your group of friends in costume on the night of Halloween. Include what each person is wearing and the types of candy you're able to collect going door to door.
155. Imagine that your family has entered a spooky house decoration contest. What spooky lights and objects might you put up in an effort to win? Would you win first prize? Why or why not?
156. You and your classmates are bobbing for apples in a giant tub of water. It's your turn and you clamp down on what you think is an apple and pull your head out of the water. Your classmates gasp – it's not an apple at all! What is it and what happens next?
157. Imagine you are sitting around a campfire with your friends and it's your turn to tell a scary ghost story. What story do you tell? Are your friends actually scared by it? Why or why not?
158. Create a song or poem about your ideal Halloween experience. Feel free to embellish with wild, somewhat-fictional details if you want.
159. In a last-second replacement, you have been hired as the director for a scary movie. What is the movie about? Who is starring in the flick? Does the public like your film? Why or why not?
160. Halloween has been going on in some form for over a thousand years. How do you think the holiday would have been different at its beginning? Would you rather celebrate the holiday in the past or in the modern day? Why?