981. While many people love to watch and listen to exploding fireworks on Independence Day, some take a quieter approach by attending patriotic classical music concerts. Which would you rather experience on July 4th and why?
982. On the 4th of July, competitive eaters from around the world try to eat as many hot dogs as they can in Coney Island, Brooklyn, New York. Why do you think hot dog eating has become a competitive sport? Do you think it's gross or cool and why?
983. In the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson said that all people have the right to the pursuit of happiness. What do you think that means? How have you pursued happiness and why?
984. Imagine that your family held the largest local fireworks display in your neighborhood. How would you gather the fireworks together and what would people think of your family's patriotic and explosive actions? Why?
985. John Hancock became famous for being the first person to sign the Declaration of Independence. What do you think you might become famous for? Why?
986. Why do you think barbecues are so popular on ID4? If you could replace barbecue with another type of food during the holiday, what would it be and why?
987. The American Revolutionary War was difficult, and at several points it looked like we might lose the battle. How would the United States be different if it was never able to gain its independence? Why?
988. Even though the Declaration of Independence asserted that all people were created equal, there are continuing issues of inequality in the United States. What do you think it will take for people to actually be treated equally? When might such equality be achieved and why?
989. Describe a conversation between Thomas Jefferson and a colonist who was opposed to independence in 1776. How would Jefferson counteract the colonist's argument? Would Jefferson prevail at convincing the colonist? Why or why not?990. Imagine that you have found one of the original copies of the Declaration of Independence in your attic. How did such an important document end up in your house? What will you do with it and why?