581. There are parts of the world in which women are treated badly from a young age. International Women's Day is meant, in part, to try to help these girls and women. What do you think are the best ways to help and why?
582. Some of these girls are told that they will never amount to anything and that they aren't allowed to go to school. What are some reasons that it is a bad idea to be so negative about a person's future? What would you tell this negative person if you had a chance and why?
583. In these underdeveloped parts of the world, there are more restrictions placed on women than there are on men. Why do you think it might be unfair to keep girls and women from being able to do things that men can? How might the countries suffer from imposing these restrictions?
584. There are high levels of male-on-female abuse in these areas and there aren't nearly as many laws as in the United States to protect these women. Imagine that you were a politician in one of these areas and could propose a law to help. What would the law be and how would it help women?
585. While female abuse is higher in some parts of the world, it is still much too high in the United States as well. Why do you think some men have a difficult time respecting women the way they should be? Why is it important to teach that respect from a young age?
586. Imagine that you have started an organization to help women start their own businesses throughout the world. What might some of those businesses be? How would you help them to get on their feet? What might the end result of your efforts be and why?
587. There are many ways that men joke with or about women that can be mean and nasty toward females. In what ways might these types of jokes make women feel negatively about themselves? What would be a better way to treat women and why?
588. How would the planet be different if it were flipped and men were being treated as inferior throughout the world? Would that be any more fair of a situation? Why or why not?
589. Who are some of the most inspirational women you've ever heard of? What kinds of lessons might these successful women be able to teach to young girls and why?
590. How do you think the situation of international women's rights will change in the next 100 to 1,000 years? What steps forward might the initiative take and why? How will these changes affect the world at large?