351. In Mobile, Alabama, the maker of the Moon Pie marshmallow sandwich creates a 55 pound, 45,000-calorie moon pie in honor of the new year. Describe how you and your friends might try to eat the massive pie.
352. You and your friends have been commissioned to pick what object your town will drop as part of New Year's Eve. What object would best symbolize your town and yourself as an item to drop from the tallest building in the area? Why would you choose that in particular?
353. In some traditional New Year's Eve celebrations, instead of just dropping an object, a person is safely dropped inside of it! Describe what it might be like to be dropped on New Year's Eve in front of thousands of screaming fans. Explain the event from beginning to end.
354. In Bangkok, Thailand, over 500,000 people hold hands to count down the last seconds until the new year. Do you think that many people would ever hold hands in your town? Why or why not?
355. You might eat a spicy doughnut during the German New Year's Eve, as practical jokes including filling doughnuts with mustard instead of jelly are common. What practical jokes might your family try to pull on New Year's Eve and why?
356. In Belgium, a popular New Year's Eve activity is watching a stand-up comedian make fun of the past year using jokes. What are a few jokes you might make about the previous year? Would your friends find the jokes funny? Why or why not?
357. Some celebrators in Estonia believe that eating more meals on New Year's Eve than usual will give them the strength of that many people the following year. How many meals do you think you could eat in one day? Do you think the superstition could be right? Why or why not?
358. In countries like Ireland and the Netherlands, smaller get-togethers are often favored over bigger parties. Would you rather have a giant party or a small gathering for New Year's Eve? Why?
359. In Turkey, New Year's Eve is connected with raising money for the poor. What charitable event might you want to raise money for at the end of the year? How would giving your time to charity make you feel and why?
360. You couldn't have a New Year's Eve celebration without fireworks! Why do you think fireworks are so popular? What is your personal opinion about watching fireworks? Would you rather do something else to ring in the new year? Why or why not?