851. While gifts and cards are important, making your mom feel special on Mother's Day is by far the best thing you can do. What are some non-gift ways that you can make your mom feel great during the holiday? Would it be hard to do any of them all year long? Why or why not?
852. If plants and animals had a Mother's Day celebration, how might they celebrate the holiday and why? Which living thing other than humans would have the best festivities and why?
853. April Fool's Day is a time for people to play tricks on others. What are some ways in which nature can pull a prank on you? Do you think nature ever enjoys its occasional sneakiness? Why or why not?
854. The term sophomore, which is used for 10th graders or second-year college students, literally means "wise fool." What does it mean to be a wise fool? Would a holiday for sophomores be any different than April Fool's Day? Why or why not?
855. Imagine that Earth itself celebrated Earth Day. How would the planet decorate itself? What meals would it prepare for the plants and animals? Would it take the day off from any responsibilities? Why or why not?
856. If there was a group of people who most needed to pay attention during the Earth Day celebration, who would it be and why? What would happen if everyone worked hard every day to create a cleaner planet and why?
857. Arbor Day is a spring holiday dedicated to planting trees. If you could pick any area in your town for a new forest, where would it be and why? What would the new forest look like and what would you do in it?
858. What are some ways that you are like a growing tree? Imagine that a tree was planted in your backyard the day you were born. How would the two of you grow differently? What would it be like to share the same birthday as a tree and why?
859. Memorial Day is a holiday in which we recognize the sacrifices people have made for our country and our freedom. Who are some people you know who have made sacrifices (large or small) for you? How did you show your appreciation for those sacrifices?860. Many members of the military who fought for our country in various wars did not survive. What is one way that you can honor fallen troops? What are some ways you can honor troops that survived? Why is it important to do both? Written by Bryan Cohen