821. The beautiful blooming flowers of spring include daisies, irises, and lilies. What would it be like if humans could bloom? What would they look like and why?
822. One blooming flower that can be considered a weed is the dandelion. How do you think this green and yellow plant spread itself throughout the whole world? Are there any plants you'd rather were as common as the dandelion? If so, what plants and why?
823. While some people don't like them, dandelions have many helpful properties and have been used in medicine and for coffee substitutes. What is an example of something in your life that has many different uses? What do you use it for and why?
824. Imagine that you have been invited to a festival to watch the blooming of a really ugly spring plant. What would the plant look like? Why would everybody be celebrating it if it was so strange-looking?
825. While some flowers need to be planted months in advance to flower in the spring, many trees need to be tended to for years or decades to reach their full potential. Do you think it would be worth it to care for a plant for more than a year? Why or why not?
826. You are a small insect living on a plant in a huge spring garden. What kind of plant would you want to live on and why? How would your insect life be different from your human life and why?
827. Have you ever planted a seed to watch it grow? If so, did it turn out how you expected? Why or why not? If not, imagine that a seed you planted turned out to be something wildly different than you thought it was. Describe the mystery plant in great detail.
828. Spring is the best season for strawberries to get the freshest and juiciest berries. Create a conversation between two strawberries discussing how they hope to be used by humans. What are some of their options other than simply being eaten?
829. Naval oranges are best picked during the spring. What is the freshest orange juice you've ever had? What would you have to do to get it even more fresh? Would the juice taste different if the fruit came straight from the tree? Why or why not?830. Imagine that you could plant an entire farm of your favorite spring fruits. Which ones would you choose and why? Would you want to take part in the farming yourself or would you rather just eat the fruit and skip the work and why? Written by Bryan Cohen