831. Spring and the other three seasons are the result of the Earth spinning while tilted at 23.5 degrees. What would it be like if you couldn't walk around straight because you were slightly tilted all day long? What challenges would you face in everyday tasks and why?
832. The constellations Virgo and Leo are visible at night during the spring but they can't be seen at all during the fall. Why is it that we see different constellations in different seasons? Do you enjoy stargazing? Why or why not?
833. As the spring days get longer, plants start to wake up from their winter slumber by forming buds and growing again. What are some changes that you undergo during the spring? How would those changes be different during an unseasonably chilly and winter-like spring?
834. Create a conversation between two sprouting seeds in the ground. What do these soon-to-be fully grown plants have to discuss? What are some of the challenges of being a seed that they might be worried about and why?
835. Imagine that plants needed something different from sunlight and water to grow. What would these new plant requirements be and why? Would it be easier or harder to grow plants with these different needs and why?
836. As the flowers bloom during the spring, bees move from plant to plant helping the plants to reproduce through the process of pollination. Are you afraid of bees? Why or why not? Since bees are so helpful to flowers, do you think flowers are scared of bees as well? Why or why not?
837. Even though bees are scary, they are necessary to help the growth of a lot of the food we eat. What do you think would happen if all of the bees got sick and couldn't fly? What might happen to the plants and why?
838. Springtime isn't just about plants growing, as kids tend to grow slightly faster in the spring compared with other seasons. Imagine that you had a big growth spurt all season long. How tall would you grow and what kind of changes would you need to make? What would your parents think about your spurt and why?
839. Extra rain mixed with melting snow can cause floods during the spring. What would your family do if it started to flood in your neighborhood? How would you make sure that you could stay safe with the large amount of water whooshing by?840. As flowers and bees spread pollen, humans can start having allergic reactions such as sneezing and coughing. Seasonal allergies affect millions of people. Imagine that you were allergic to something you enjoyed doing or eating. How would you cope? What would you change to try to replace this enjoyable thing and why? Written by Bryan Cohen