901. Watching a flower bloom during the spring is not a one-hour event that you could take in during one sitting. There are many tiny steps along the way until the flower has completely bloomed. Would you have the patience to check back with a blooming flower every day to view each step? Why or why not? What are some other ways that nature requires patience?
902. What would you classify as the most exciting process to watch unfold in nature during the spring and why? Why do you think most people would rather look at a computer screen or phone instead of nature? If you had a choice between the two, which would you rather watch and why?
903. There are many beautiful gardens and landscapes throughout the world. If you were to guess which of these places was the most breathtaking, which country or city would you guess and why? Would you rather go there with your family or alone to take in the sight and why?
904. If you lived in this beautiful place and saw the same amazing sights every single day, do you think it would change your attitude about the importance of nature? Why or why not? What are some ways that your life would be different living in such a picturesque place and why?
905. What is your typical reaction when you see a big plate full of spring vegetables in front of you at the dinner table and why? Does the fact that the vegetables are healthy for you make a difference? Why or why not? How much do you usually finish?
906. Imagine that it's 20 or more years in the future and you have kids and a garden full of fresh spring vegetables. Would you try to force your children to eat the veggies even if they didn't want them? If so, how would you try to make them appreciate the sight of vegetables? If not, what would you feed them instead and why?
907. How do your parents deal with the spring sight of grass that has grown too high around your house? Do they cut the grass themselves? If not, do they hire someone or just let it grow as tall as it can? Do you think that freshly cut grass looks better than an overgrown lawn? Why or why not?
908. How might someone cutting the grass look to you if you were an ant living in the ground? Would it be frightening or cool, and why? What other aspects of spring would look different from the perspective of an ant and how would they make you feel?
909. Your parents have come home with tickets to a spring sporting event. Which kind of spring sport would you be the most excited to see and why? Which type of event would you be least excited to see? How would you best try to enjoy the event you aren't that interested in?
910. Seeing a spring event like a spring training baseball game can be amazing as a kid, but do you think it's just as amazing for the players? If you were a player, what would the sight of a baseball field make you think of, considering that it's your job? Do you think it would be difficult to stay excited? Why or why not?Written by Bryan Cohen