981. The Cherry Blossom Festival in Japan runs all spring long, depending on when the beautiful flowers blossom throughout the country. Imagine what it would be like to travel through Japan to experience every town's individual festival. How do you think the towns would differ from each other and why? How would seeing the flowers blossom make you feel and why?
982. Thailand is the site of the Songkran Water Festival in which people, statues, and even elephants are enlisted in a three-day-long water fight. If you had a giant water fight in your town, who would you want on your team and why? Would your team be successful? Why or why not?
983. In April in cities around the world, the celebration of Critical Mass is a disruptive occasion in which hundreds of bicyclists ride down the streets of major cities in packs to disrupt traffic. What would it be like to bike in this mass of people? What do you think is the purpose of this celebration and why?
984. The spring is the season for cheese-rolling in Gloucester, United Kingdom as individuals and teams compete in races to roll wheels of cheese down a hill the fastest. What would you enjoy the most about watching silly people roll cheese down a hill while tumbling themselves? Would you more enjoy watching the people or eating the cheese afterward? Why?
985. Some of the most famous film celebrities will be on hand at the Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, France, during the spring. What would it be like to be an acclaimed and beloved film director? Which movie star would you enjoy working with the most and why?
986. The Feria Del Caballo in Seville, Spain celebrates horses, bullfights and traditional Spanish traditions for two weeks in April and May. If you were in Spain for the festival, would you watch the bullfights? Why or why not? Would you enjoy life as a bullfighter? Why or why not?
987. In the Philippines, the residents love their buffaloes so much that they hold the Pulilan Carabao festival in which they give the mammals a shower, a shave, and a parade. What would your family life be like if you owned and took care of a buffalo? What chores would you have to add to your list?
988. A wild carnival in Copenhagen, Denmark pulls in approximately 200,000 people each spring to show off different kinds of dancing and music from around the world. Imagine that you were an amazing dancer, the best in your town or school. How would you use these dancing abilities and why? What would people think of your skills and why?
989. In Krakow, Poland, the Lajkonik Festival celebrates a major military victory with a re-enactment and an all-night party. What are some of the military victories we celebrate in the United States? Do you think it's important to remember our successes? Why or why not?
990. There are multiple comedy festivals throughout the spring around the world including the Cat Laughs Kilkenny in Ireland and the Melbourne International Comedy Festival in Australia. What do you think it takes to be a funny comedian? Who is the funniest person you know personally? Do you think that person could ever be a professional comedian? Why or why not?Written by Bryan Cohen