621. The world's shortest St. Patrick's Day parade is held in Hot Springs, Arkansas, and is only 98 feet long. What is something you've experienced that was much shorter than the norm? In what way was it short and how did you feel about it?
622. The Arkansas parade also features the Irish Order of Elvi, a group of Irish Elvis impersonators. Imagine that your favorite musicians pretended to be extra Irish. How would they be different? Would you still enjoy their music? Why or why not?
623. Montserrat, an island in the Caribbean Sea, celebrates St. Patrick's Day because a portion of the inhabitants descended from Irish Catholic settlers. What holidays might you celebrate if you were honoring your family's heritage from hundreds of years ago? What would those holidays mean to you?
624. Imagine that you and your friends have been commissioned to create a float for your town's St. Patrick's Day parade. What will the float look like and why? Will you win the first prize of a trip to Ireland? Why or why not?
625. During St. Patrick's Day celebrations in New Orleans, people pass out beads and decorations as well as potatoes and cabbages. What would you do if someone gave you a sack of potatoes and cabbages in the middle of a parade? Why?
626. While drinking is a part of many St. Patrick's Day festivals, in Manchester, England, celebrators begin drinking two full weeks before the holiday begins! How much work do you think adults actually do during that time? Why do you think they start partying so early?
627. One St. Patty's parade in the 1970s was labeled one of the shortest and worst of all time, featuring a green-painted cow, some dogs, and a goat. Describe what you think the worst St. Patrick's Day Parade would include? Do you think it'd still be fun? Why or why not?
628. In St. Paul, Minnesota, the parade for St. Patrick's Day crowns Miss Shamrock and Mr. Pat, the queen and king of the festivities. Imagine that you have been named the king or queen of the parade. What would it be like to be the center of attention and why?
629. In many cities, an Irish Catholic mass is held for churchgoers. Have you ever been a religious service you were unfamiliar with? If so, what was it like and why? If not, imagine that you have and describe how you might feel about it.630. Imagine that you've woken up on St. Patrick's Day speaking not English, but Gaelic, one of the official languages of Ireland. What will you do when your family can't understand you? How will this change your St. Patrick's Day experience?