11. You and your friends have heard the song of the ice cream man and you're ready to spend your crumpled five-dollar bill to take the edge off of this summer heat. What item do you buy? What does it look like? How does it make you feel and why?
12. There are many places you can go during the summer, including an air-conditioned building, a nature hiking trail, the beach, and more. Where would you want to spend the bulk of your summer and why? Where would you least want to spend that time and why?
13. Even though the summertime means they're out of school, some people enjoy reading, writing and doing other school-like activities while they're on a break. Why do you think they enjoy learning when they don't have to? Would you want to study outside of school? Why or why not?
14. Imagine that you and your family have just stepped past the gate of the wildest and wettest water park in the nation. What kind of rides would you want to go on first? Which of the rides might frighten you? Which might be your favorite attraction and why?
15. You are skipping across the top of the water on skis as the boat ahead of you pulls you along at a speedy pace. Describe what you see as you quickly speed around the lake. How does it feel to be going so fast?
16. Not everybody is a fan of outdoor activities during the summer. What are some indoor activities you might enjoy during the hottest days of the year and why?
17. As you lay back on your sleeping bag listening to the sounds of nature, you think back on your day of camping with your family. Where might you camp and what kinds of things would you do during the trip? What parts would you enjoy about camping and what would you dislike? Why?
18. Imagine that you and your family have visited a local farmer's market to look at the most local and tasty fruits, vegetables and other foods from around the area. What kinds of local food would you most look forward to trying? If you could grow your own food, what would it be and why?
19. To earn some money for that new bike you've been eyeing, you and your siblings or friends have set up a lemonade stand to serve thirsty customers. What recipe do you use to make your lemonade, how do you price it, and how successful are you at raising funds?
20. One of the best parts of summer is going to see a big blockbuster movie on the big screen at the theater. What kind of movies do you enjoy the most and why? What movie snacks would you eat during the most exciting moments of the movie?