81. The tilting of the Earth gives the Northern Hemisphere its most daytime hours of the entire year. What are some of the ways that you take advantage of having more daylight? What are the pros and cons of having more daylight?
82. A particle of sand that you pick up on the beach could be from thousands of miles away. Imagine the journey of that single grain of sand. How do you think the sand ended up where you might be sitting during your summer vacation?
83. Waves in the ocean can be caused by storms that are thousands of miles away. What are some of the things that you enjoy doing on a summer wave? Would you rather experience waves in a controlled wave pool or in the ocean and why?
84. The largest sand castle in the world was over 30 feet tall and took more than 100 truckloads of sand. Imagine that you and some friends were trying to beat the record. What would your massive castle look like and how would you succeed?
85. Summer is a season full of thunderstorms and lighting. Lightning results from friction in the air and a difference in electrical charge between the sky and the ground. Are you afraid of lightning? Why or why not? Why is it important to be safe during a storm?
86. Coral reefs are important near a tropical island because they keep the waves from damaging the beach. Scientists have created artificial reefs by intentionally sinking ships that the coral and fish can live inside. Do you think a fish would realize it's living inside a boat as opposed to the natural ocean? Why or why not?
87. Sunburns, a summer fixture, are caused when ultraviolet light penetrates through the atmosphere and causes damage to your skin. What are some ways to prevent sunburn from happening? Why is it important to protect yourself even if you have a tan?
88. Sweat may be a bit gross but it's necessary to keep yourself cool. Think back to the sweatiest you've ever been. What caused you to sweat so much? How did you feel afterwards and why?
89. Ice cream headaches or brain freezes are caused when the nerves above the roof of your mouth get too cold. Have you ever eaten a lot more ice cream than you should? If so, what flavor was it and what happened afterwards? If not, why do you think it's important to eat dessert in moderation?90. Fireflies are known for lighting up the night sky during the summer. These beetles use the process of bioluminescence to either find a mate or find another firefly they want to eat. If you could light up at night, what would you use your ability for and why?