171. As you try to convince your family to go to a nearby summer festival, a breeze blows the smells of the celebration your way. What are some of the distinct scents you can pick up? How might you use these aromas to get your family to go? Would the plan work? Why or why not?
172. The summer heat and wind can also cause some locations to smell very bad. What are a few examples of places you would not want to live next to in the summer and why? How would the worst offender of the bunch make you feel and why?
173. How would you compare the smell of an ocean and beach with that of a lake? Which scent do you find more appealing and why? Which location would be most fun to spend a week at and why?
174. How do each of the following wet summer smells makes you feel and why: a community swimming pool, a freshly watered lawn, a car after a car wash, and a wet and furry dog?
175. Describe the barbecue grilling process from beginning to end using only your sense of smell. Which part of the process smells the best to you and why? Do you think grilling will be a big part of your life every summer? Why or why not?
176. How does a big plate of grilled hamburgers and hot dogs smell to you? Do you think your feelings about the food would change if you were a vegetarian? What if you were allergic to hot dogs and hamburgers?
177. It's very important to be protected from the sun all summer long by using sunscreen. Describe what your favorite sunscreen smells like to you. What does the scent of sunscreen remind you of and why?
178. Imagine that you could create a sunscreen with any kind of aroma you wanted. What scent would you choose and why? Would it make you feel different about the object or type of food that the scent from your new sunscreen came from? Why or why not?
179. Summer is a season of sweat. What does the scent of being drenched in sweat remind you of and why? Do you think it's OK to be sweaty during the hottest season of the year? Why or why not?
180. What is your most physical and active summer activity? How does it make you feel to be moving around in the heat? What are some smells you associate with this activity and why?