161. Describe the sound and feeling of a well-functioning air conditioner. How do your summer activities revolve around places that have air conditioning? What would you do differently during the summer without air conditioning and why?
162. What are some of the other cooling sounds of summer? How do you feel when you hear those sounds and why? Would you react differently if you heard the sounds during a colder season? Why or why not?
163. What are some examples of places that are quieter during the summer? What are a few reasons for these locations to be less noisy? Do you think you'd enjoy visiting any of these quieter places during the peaceful summer? Why or why not?
164. What are a few places that are loud and crowded throughout the summer months? Which of them do you enjoy the most and why? What is your favorite sound there and why?
165. Imagine that you have woken up an hour before your fellow campers at sleep-away camp. What are some sounds you might hear that they'd miss out on? Is having that experience worth the loss of one hour of sleep? Why or why not?
166. How are the sounds of summer different in the country as opposed to the city? What are some possible summer sounds in each? In which place would you rather spend your summer and why?
167. The sun is blazing as you and your friends get ready for a wild summer obstacle course. What are some of the sounds all of you make as you run, sweat, and jump through the different obstacles? Would you earn the roar of the crowd at the end by winning? Why or why not?
168. How do people and things sound different when they're underwater at the pool or the beach? Describe trying to understand someone who is talking to you underwater. Are you able to figure him or her out? Why or why not?
169. Summer is a time for travel, which means you'll be using plains, trains, and automobiles. As you and your family head to summer vacation, what are some of the sounds you might hear and why? How do you feel when you hear them and why?170. How do you think summer travel was different before trains, planes, and cars? What would your family have used to get from place to place and how would that travel method sound? What would some of the difficulties be in traveling that way and why?