171. What are some creative ways you can show support for a military serviceman? Which do you think he or she would like the best and why?
172. Create a conversation between two members of the Armed Forces who are stationed overseas during Veterans Day. What might they have to discuss and why?
173. Imagine that you are planning a party for a member of your family returning from military service. Who would you invite and what activities would you have available at the party?
174. The USO is an organization that boosts the morale of troops in part by sending entertainers all over the world to improve their spirits. If you were in the military, what entertainment would you want to see to keep your mood positive and why?
175. Imagine that you and your family have gone to one of the major monuments that honor military troops. Describe what it might look like and the different kinds of people you might see there. How do you think such a sight would make you feel?
176. Many soldiers are courageous in defending the nation and its people. What do you think it means to be courageous? Describe a time that you were courageous. What was it that made you display such courage?
177. In the past in the United States, people could be drafted into the military even if they didn't want to go. Do you think it's better that only volunteers go to the military now or do you think many people should be forced to serve? Why?
178. Imagine that you and your family have gone to volunteer at a veterans hospital. What would you do to help out the veterans at the facility? How might they express their appreciation for your help?
179. What do you think it means to serve your country? Other than military servicemen and women, who are some people who you think serve the country? Why?
180. What benefits do you think military servicemen should get when they return from active duty? Why do you think they deserve those benefits?