511. One way to celebrate Washington's Birthday is to visit or take part in re-enactments of the Revolutionary War. What opinion do you think actual soldiers from the 1700s might have about these re-enactments and why?
512. There are many historic sites related to George Washington that could easily be visited or read about on this important day. What places from George Washington's life might you want to visit and why?
513. In Laredo, Texas, residents celebrate Washington's Birthday for an entire month with concerts, colonial proms, food, and more. What other holidays could you see celebrating for an entire month? How would those holidays change and why?
514. To tie in with the story of the cherry tree, Alexandria, Virginia, restaurants take part in a Cherry Challenge to create the best cherry foods and drinks. Describe what your ideal cherry-filled three-course meal might be. How often would you eat such a meal and why?
515. Imagine that you could have tea with Martha Washington, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, or others who knew George Washington personally. What would you discuss? Would they surprise you with any of their never-before-told stories and why?
516. For over 100 years, Eustis, Florida has been host to the George Fest, an annual event filled with food and fun. If you were the George Fest organizer, what events and activities would you include to celebrate Washington's Birthday? Why?
517. Mount Vernon hosts a cooking competition in which chefs fight to make Washington's favorite breakfast, hoecakes swimming in honey and butter. What is your favorite morning meal? What would it be like if several chefs tried to perfect your breakfast every day?
518. On Washington's Birthday, the U.S. Senate annually reads Washington's farewell address from when he voluntarily left the office of the presidency. Write your farewell address about all of your accomplishments and your hopes for the future.
519. In some states, Washington's Birthday is combined with the celebration of other Presidents, war heroes and civil rights activists. Who would you combine the celebration of Washington with if you had a choice and why?520. George Washington's birthplace in Popes Creek, Virginia, has become a national monument and a place for celebration during his birthday. Imagine that your birthplace became a national museum about you. What exhibits and items might be shown there? What would a tour guide of your life talk about and why?