631. Mardi Gras is a wild celebration in the French Quarter of New Orleans, Louisiana, that involves parades, jazz, and beaded necklace-wearing that precedes the season of Lent. If you knew you were about to give up something for a long time, would you indulge in it the day before? Why or why not?
632. Cedarburg, Wisconsin, plays host to the Cedarburg Winter Festival every February, which includes a game that combines golf and tennis on a snow-packed course. If you could combine two different sports, which would they be and why? How would you play the game and would your friends enjoy it? Why or why not?
633. The Fire and Ice Winter Fest in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho, will test the cold hardiness of any man or women as it holds both a costumed tubing water race called the Polar Bear Float and a bikini and Speedo jog called the Running of the Bulls. Would you rather participate in such events or sit back and watch the crazy folks and why? If you did participate, what do you think you'd get out of it and why?
634. The Steamboat Springs Winter Carnival in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, features an event in which people sit on shovels and are pulled down the wintry street by horses. What might the horses think about such a silly event and why? Would you get a thrill out of participating in such an event? Why or why not?
635. Minnesota's St. Paul Winter Carnival includes an event in which inventors create robotic snowplows that race against each other. If you were a robotics genius, what types of things would you try to get a robot to do and why? What would other people think of your invention and why?
636. The Blanket Toss is an event at the Anchorage Fur and Rendezvous Festival based on a native Alaskan tradition in which a person is tossed high into the air from a blanket to look for whales in the ocean. What might it feel like to be thrown over 10 feet into the air? Would you be scared, at peace, or somewhere in between and why?
637. The Thunderbird American Indian Dancers Annual Dance Concert & Pow Wow gives people in New York City the chance to hear traditional stories and music by natives of the continent. Do you think it's important to learn about other cultures? Why or why not?
638. Utah is full of hot air in the wintertime as a result of the Bluff International Balloon Festival. Hundreds of hot air balloons from all over the world float into the sky during the January event. If you had a hot air balloon, where would you fly it to and why? Describe what your typical balloon view would be like.
639. The Winter Wings Festival in Klamath Falls, Oregon, allows participants to watch thousands of bald eagles land during their migration between Oregon and California. Would you enjoy the hobby of bird watching? Why or why not? Who in your family might enjoy the hobby more than you and why?
640. As the winter gets slushy, competitors in Bellaire, Michigan, race down the Schuss Mountain wearing crazy costumes as part of the Slush Cup Weekend. What kind of costume would you choose to ski down a mountain in and why? Would you win a costume contest in that getup? Why or why not?