551. There's nothing like a hot bowl of soup on a chilly winter's day. What other hot foods tend to warm you up during the coldest seasons? Which is your favorite toasty food and why?
552. Imagine that you and your family are hiking up the side of a snowy mountain. While taking a small break, you take out a bag of trail mix. What kinds of nuts, seeds, and other items might you find in your energizing snack pack? Why might you need energy to keep going up the side of the mountain?
553. You have invited all of your friends over for a winter chili cook-off! What ingredients do you use in your chili? What does your chili taste like? Do you win? Why or why not?
554. The perfect hot chocolate has much more than a simple mix combined with hot water. What other treats would you put into your ideal hot chocolate to heat you up after a long day of playing? Would your parents approve of your recipe? Why or why not?
555. While you might wish that a warm plate of cookies or brownies was waiting for you every day after school, it certainly isn't the healthiest choice. What might happen if you ate brownies all winter long? What are some more nutritious choices and why?
556. Your parents have put you in charge of making a delicious, hot winter meal of macaroni and cheese. Will you come up with your own recipe or use the stuff from the box? How long would it take you and why? Will your parents appreciate your efforts? Why or why not?
557. On a trip out of town, your parents have given you permission to make a waffle in the hotel's waffle maker and to put any toppings on it you want. What toppings do you choose and what does your breakfast taste like?
558. Imagine that you've been shrunk down to the size of a raisin! As you swim around your bowl of morning oatmeal trying to get your parents’ attention, you decide to go exploring. Where do you go next and how do you get yourself out of this tiny predicament?
559. Some of the best winter meals come from the slow cooker, which can take hours and hours to use effectively. Imagine that you had to make a meal that took more than five hours. What would you do with your time while you waited for it to cook and why?
560. What is your family's go-to meal during the winter? Why do you think your parents cook it so often during the chilliest months? Would you change this frequent meal to another one if you had a choice? Why or why not?