601. Would you shop any differently for someone who celebrates Hanukkah or Kwanzaa than you would for someone who celebrates Christmas? Why or why not? Would you still give gifts to someone who doesn't celebrate any of the three? Why or why not?
602. Do you think the countdown to the end of the year for New Year's Eve is important? Why or why not? Will celebrating the end of the year get more or less important as you get older and why?
603. What are some of the ways that a typical family celebrates Christmas? What are some ways that this family could spice things up by changing around some of their traditions? Do you think it's necessary to be normal? Why or why not?
604. Explain the differences between how an adult celebrates Valentine's Day and how a kid celebrates the holiday. Do you think the holiday is more important for people who are young or people who are older and why?
605. Imagine that Martin Luther King, Jr. was coming to speak at your school. How would the people in your town react? How would getting to hear the great orator in person make you feel? What might you learn from his speech and why?
606. Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa have been cancelled for the year. What would you miss about these holidays the most and why? Do you think you would appreciate them more after they were gone? Why or why not?
607. While Christmas is at its core a religious holiday, many people who don't practice Christianity will still celebrate parts of the holiday. Why do you think that is? Do you think people who don't follow the more pious aspects of the occasion still deserve to get the fun parts? Why or why not?
608. Imagine that because of a health condition, you have to eat much more healthfully during Christmas, New Year's Eve, and Valentine's Day. How will this change the way you eat and drink at these holiday celebrations? Which foods would you miss eating the most and why?
609. You have been asked to visit a friend's house during his Kwanzaa celebration. What questions would you ask to understand the holiday better? How would you feel being part of another culture's holiday and why?
610. What are some of the ways in which we have benefitted from the work of Martin Luther King, Jr. and other important activists? How might the world be different today if none of them had stood up for what they believed in? How would your life be personally different and why?