521. After a confusing series of events, you are standing at the top of the most difficult black diamond ski mountain in the world. As you begin skiing, you wonder how you got yourself into this mess. How did you end up at the top of this challenging mountain and how will you successfully make it to the bottom?
522. There are people who refuse to forego their jogging habit during the winter and go out running despite the cold and the ice. What might some of the difficulties of running be in the snow and why?
523. In parts of the world like Canada, ice hockey is more popular than basketball and football because there is always a fresh patch of ice available to play on. How would your life be different if ice hockey were the major sport in your town? What hockey skills might you focus on improving and why?
524. Even though figure skating is a beautiful and difficult sport, it is usually thought of as a sport for girls instead of boys. Why do you think that is? How tough would figure skating be for most people and why?
525. In an attempt to win the grand prize money for your town, you have entered into a snowmobile-racing contest with other people your age. Describe your race as you speed around the course attempting to win. Why might the race be difficult? Who would win and why?
526. Imagine that you have just sped down the hill and gone flying into the air on a ski jump. What would it feel like to be high up in the air with the snowy landscape below? What kinds of tricks might you want to try during your jump? How hard would it be to land and why?
527. Snowboards look similar to skateboard and surfboards. How are the three boards used differently in various sports and climates? Which of the three would you most like to learn to use and why?
528. You are one of the dogs preparing to pull a sled as part of a race. Create a conversation between yourself and these other dogs as you get ready for this difficult challenge. What might you and the other dogs have to talk about and why?
529. Imagine that you and your family have challenged yourselves to go climbing up the side of an icy mountain. How would you keep from falling? Who do you think would have the most trouble with the task and why?
530. What is your favorite winter sport to participate in and why? What is your favorite winter sport to watch? Why?Written by Bryan Cohen