51. Describe what it feels like to bite into a juicy slice of watermelon on a hot summer's day. How does it make you feel and why?
52. Your family has given you permission to pick all of the foods you want to cook during a neighborhood barbecue. What foods do you put on the menu and why? How do the guests enjoy your food selection?
53. There are many different sources and varieties of lemonade including lemonade from a mix, in a can, and freshly squeezed. What is your favorite kind of lemonade and why? If you were running a lemonade stand, would you use that kind? Why or why not?
54. Imagine that you have just gotten a new job creating new summer ice cream flavors. What are some of the ideas you might come up with? Which would you enjoy eating the most and why?
55. Eating that corn on the cob didn't start with your parents putting it in the oven. Trace the steps of where the corn came from, including the grocery store, the farmer, and the people who drove it there. How is the corn's story similar to the stories of other foods you eat?
56. What fresh fruits would you put into a summer fruit smoothie? What benefits might you get from eating so much real fruit? Would you add sugar or anything else to it? Why or why not?
57. Cotton candy is a delicious summer carnival treat, but the candy's texture is so strange it's almost as if the tasty treat is from another planet. Imagine that cotton candy was from outer space. Where would it have come from and how did it get here?
58. Describe a trip through the local farmer's market to buy fresh vegetables and herbs with your family. What do you enjoy about the market and why? What don't you enjoy and why don't you like it?
59. One of the best parts of visiting the local pool or beach is the chance to get what you want from the snack bar. What are some of your favorite snack bar choices? If you had the choice between a tasty snack bar treat or something fresh from the ocean, which would you rather have and why?60. Different parts of the world have different summer foods, ranging from fried county fair desserts to salty seafood. What would you consider to be a summer delicacy in your area? If you could choose one place in the world to visit just because of the food, where would it be and why?