21. While Labor Day originally centered on workers' rights and labor unions, it is now more focused on vacations and enjoying time with family. Do you think this was a positive shift? Why or why not?
22. Work has transitioned in the last few hundred years from the fields, to the factories, and more recently to the computer. Do you think one type of work is more important than another? Why or why not?
23. Celebrating a day off of work when you don't have a job can be a difficult proposition. Imagine that you could create a job for a person who was unemployed. What would the job be and why?
24. While most people don't get a full-time job until after high school or college, many teenagers get part-time jobs to learn more about the working world. What do you think your first part-time job will be, what might you learn from it, and why?
25. Knowledge of computers and the Internet is becoming more and more important for jobs. Why might it be difficult for a person who doesn't understand technology to get a job today? What new types of technology might people have to learn in the future?
26. The amount of jobs available in the country tends to fluctuate based on how well the economy is doing. What do you think are some things that make the economy better or worse? What would you do to change things for the better if you were in charge?
27. In the distant past, men and women worked under horrible labor conditions that led to long hours, injuries and even deaths. Labor laws and unions have made work a safer and better place. How do you think job conditions will continue to improve in the future and why?
28. Some people who work have their own businesses. If you could start any business what would it be and why? How successful do you think you'd be?
29. There are jobs that will be available after you graduate high school and college that don't even exist today. What do you think some of those jobs might be related to? Would you want one of the new positions? Why or why not?
30. How would the world be different if there were no unemployment and everybody had a job? What problems would it solve and what problems might it create? Would this be a better world? Why or why not?