191. Summer has a way of bringing the community together. What are some activities during the summer that tend to have a lot of people involved? What is it like seeing all these different people together in the same place?
192. The community must also come together during negative summer occurrences like a drought or a wildfire. What are some ways that people need to function together during a summer crisis? How might you and your family contribute during such an event and why?
193. Summer can be a time for big group trips with a camp or youth group. What is a place you'd enjoy visiting during the summer with a bunch of people? What would you enjoy about having so many people there with you and why?
194. What are some summer destinations that you'd rather go to with a smaller group? Who would you pick to be in this intimate group and why? What are the benefits of having fewer people around and why?
195. Imagine that you were an athlete training all summer to be ready for a fall sport like football, soccer or cross country. Would you try to get any friends or other people you know to help? Why or why not? What would be the most difficult part of the training and why?
196. Aside from athletic achievement, what other goals might you set for yourself in the three months off from school and why? Do you think it’s important to know where you're headed or that its better to go with the flow? Why?
197. Imagine that you have joined a garage band with your friends and that you practice every day during the summer. What is your role in the band and what kind of music do you play? How will things change when summer comes to an end and why?
198. Your band has become a huge success and you are going to spend all next summer touring around the country. What would you enjoy the most about seeing all these new cities during the summer and why? What would you miss about your hometown during the summer and why?
199. The members of your school board have approved a resolution that will require all students to go to school all summer long. What would you think about all-year schooling? What are some things you and your family would miss out on if you didn't have three straight months off?
200. You have decided to fight back against the all-year school resolution. Who would you recruit for your team to save the summer and why? What would your team do to try to get the rule repealed and why?
Use the above prompts or article as inspiration to write a story or other short piece.